Report Packages in TOPS [ONE]Follow
TOPS [ONE] Version 126.96.36.199, Last Updated 07/17/2018
A report package is a great way to run multiple reports and group them into one PDF report for ease of distribution to board members.
While most of the report parameters tend to be similar, each report definition has individual parameters that can be set for each report. The report package is given a name and the report definitions determine which reports and what data gets generated in the report package when you run/download it.
This guide will give you step by step instructions on how to create, download, and print a report package.
Changes in the numbers or data can be quickly reported on due to the fact that the report package contains the parameters needed to build each report on the fly and will always query the freshest data. To see these changes in the reports, all you need to do is simply re-run (aka download) the report package.
You can easily switch from community to community by hovering your mouse over the name on the top left corner and select the community of your choice.
Step By Step
1. Click Reports and select Packages.
2. Click on Actions and select Add Package.
3. Under the Package table, fill in the appropriate information.
Give the Report Package a ‘Name’
For example: If you enter in “AR2017”, your file name will be AR2017.pdf
Include the ‘Display Name’
This field is how the package’s name will display on the package index screen and on the cover page.
Optionally include a ‘Cover Page’
The cover page will show the display name, organization name, community name, and the date.
Optionally include a ‘Table of Contents’
Checking this box will include a table of contents page that shows the sequence of the reports, the report name, and the description of the report.
Select the reports to include, the order in which to build them, and set the parameters to use when building each report.
SAMPLE REPORT PACKAGE
Table of Contents
Reports Portrait & Landscape
4. Under Reports, select the reports you want to include in this package.
Sequence – Upon selecting a report, you’ll notice the sequence number. This is the order that the reports will display in the package. The reports will be shown on the table of contents.
Note: Once you select a report, the Parameters table will become active.
5. Under Parameters, fill in the respective fields for each selected report respectively.
- Note: Each report may have different parameters.
- Best Practice: There are some parameters, like banks, that will be different for each community. If your report comes out blank, you might be missing an important parameter. Look for a blank parameter, make your selection, and Execute the report again.
6. Click on Actions and select Save
To download/print the Report Package
1. Click Reports then Packages
2. Look for the report with the Display Name you just created.
3. Click the icon to download
This will send your report to your Downloads Folder on your PC
4. To Print, open your downloaded PDF.
Your document will open using your default PDF viewer program.
5. Click the Printer Icon (or press Ctrl+Shift+P) to get the printer options. Click Print when ready