Apply Late Fees
TOPS [ONE] Version 18.104.22.168, Last Updated 07/25/2018
This guide covers the steps needed to apply late fees in TOPS [ONE].
Note: Late fee amounts or calculations must be set up in the Assessment Code.
Before You Start
We recommend applying prepaids before you:
-Apply Late Fees
-Run Delinquency Reports
This will prevent owners from appearing on both the Aged Owner Balance report and the Prepaid Balance Report.
Step By Step
1. Click Accounts Receivable then Charges
2. Select the Apply Late Fees then Take Action
3. The Function drop down will default to Apply Late Fee
4. Adjust Post Date as needed
Your post date needs to fall within your current period
5. Select the Codes by enabling or disabling the toggles
6. To charge late fee's on the current months' balance, enable the Current Month Only toggle
7. Once you've selected your settings, Click the Accrue
This page will show a summary of the charges, the account summary, and a list of the late fee candidates
Edit the Late Fee amount that will be charged, click the Pencil icon then click
8. Verify all the information on the screen
9. Then click Post
Add Comment to Transaction
1. Click Actions then Add Comment
2. Enter the Comment Subject.
3. Enter the Comment Post Date
4. Enter the full Comment Message.
5. Enable the Public Comment toggle to have this comment appear on the Owner Portal.
6. Click Save.