Accounts - Adding a GL Account Range
General ledger account ranges categorize your accounts into categories. For example: Assets, Liability, Equity, Income, Expense, etc. The following steps guide you through adding a range of accounts to a community's chart of accounts.
1. Click on GL General Ledger and select GL Accounts
2. Click Actions, then select Account Ranges
3. Clicking the next to an account range, will add a new, blank account range below the account.
Clicking the button next to the Reserve Account will create a new account below it.
4. Fill in the appropriate information
- Range Name – Fill in the Name of the new Account Range
- Account Type – Select the appropriate account type.
- Starting Account Number – With the exception of the first account range, this field will auto-populate with next sequential number based on the previous range’s ending account number.
- Ending Account Number – Fill in the ending account number. The ending account number will automatically change the next range’s starting account number respectively.
5. Finally, click Save to save your changes.