Post journal entries in TOPS [One] GL general ledger
TOPS [One] Version 184.108.40.206, Revision 0, last updated 05-18-2017
The following steps will walk you through entering Journal Entries.
- Go to General Ledger and select GL Journal Entries .
- Go to Actions and select New Journal Entry.
- Select date using the Calendar button to the right of the date field
- Enter a Reference for this transaction
- This is the easily identifiable name everyone will see on the activity feed for this transaction
- Enter a Description for this transaction
- In the Line Items field select the folder icon to add your first account for the transaction
- simply click the correct account from the list.
- Enter the amount in either the debit or credit field for the first account then press the + to the right to add the next account.
- Repeat for all remaining accounts in the transaction.
- The Debit and Credit sides of the transaction have to show a 0 difference denoted by the Running Balance at the bottom of the transaction once this is done, press ADD at the top right of the page
- Review the transaction for accuracy and make any changes before pressing Post at the top right
- Success you have posted your Journal Entry you will be taken to the entry afterwards
More General Ledger Articles
Set up GL Overview Add Recurring Journal Entries How to Assign Cost Centers Schedule Automatic Reserve Transfers Adding a Year End Suspense Account How to create a Journal Entry in TOPS [ONE] Post journal entries in TOPS [One] GL general ledger Add a general ledger account to the chart of accounts in TOPS [One] GL Add a general ledger account in TOPS [ONE] GL Edit a general ledger account range in TOPS [One] GL See more