Add a general ledger account to the chart of accounts in TOPS [One] GL
TOPS [One] Version 188.8.131.52, Revision 0, last updated 05-18-2017
The following steps will walk you through the set up of GL Accounts via Chart of Accounts.
- Go to General Ledger and select GL Chart Of Accounts.
- Go to Actions and select Edit.
- Under ADD ACCOUNT add the account number and a name so the account is easily identifiable.
- Press the +ADD button to the right to add the new account.
- Click the small x next to the account balance located on the right of the page.
- You can only delete accounts with no history.
- If you need to delete the newly added account or any other for that matter
- Below this you have your accounts where numbers and descriptions of existing accounts can be edited.
- USE CAUTION
- If you change the number such that it falls into a new range it will now belong to that range of accounts.
- These changes take affect retroactively and immediately after saving.
- USE CAUTION
- Finally after all account are setup and verified to be within the correct range of accounts you may press save.
More General Ledger Articles
Closing the Current Year What changes when Cost Centers are enable? Cost Center Overview Setup and Enable Funds Set up GL Overview Add Recurring Journal Entries How to Assign Cost Centers Schedule Automatic Reserve Transfers Adding a Year End Suspense Account How to create a Journal Entry in TOPS [ONE] See more