Copy budgets in TOPS [ONE]
TOPS [ONE] Version 184.108.40.206
TOPS [ONE] easily allows you to copy budgets from previous years and gives you the option to easily increase the budgets by a percentage. The purpose of the Copy Budget Utility is to copy the dollar amount from one fiscal year and period to the corresponding period in a different fiscal year. You will have the option to change the budget (either by increasing or decreasing the budget) amount based on a percentage and to select an individual account to copy as well.
If you want to create a budget for the next coming year, the new year must be created beforehand. Click here for instructions on Starting a New Fiscal Year in Tops ONE.
This guide will give you step-by-step instructions on how copy budgets from previous years to upcoming years.
Step By Step
1. On the Navigation pane on the left, click Portfolio then Communities. Select the community you want to work on.
2. Under Related Links click Budgets
3. Click Actions then Copy Budget
4. Select the From Fiscal Year- Year to copy budget from
To Fiscal Year - The future year you want the budget copied too.
You can only copy the budgets for future years, not previous years.
Will work: 2016 budget to 2017
Will not work: 2017 budget to 2016 budget
6. (optional) To edit the budget by a percent, enable the toggle and enter a number value in the text box. You can also decrease the budget by entering a negative value.
7. Click the accounts section.
By default, all the accounts will be selected. Click the checkbox to deselect an account. Or select the toggle under Select All to uncheck all of the accounts.
8. Click Save after you've selected your accounts
9. When finished, click Save on the top right corner.
You will get a message at the bottom that says SUCCESS! if it was successfully copied.