TOPS [ONE]- Enable and Setup TOPS Pay
Congrats!! You were approved for TOPS Pay! We will go over how to enable and set up TOPS Pay for your communities.
Before you start
1. Set your ReplyTo: Email for your Client. When registering for TOPS Pay, we will need to know who to reach out to for additional information.
Admin > Actions > Edit Client > Email +ADD > Reply TO
2. Verify your TOPS Pay has successfully been activated. If activated, the tile will look like the example below:
Enabling communities for TOPS Pay
1) Clicking the TOPS Pay Tile will open the TOPS Pay Settings page.
You will see the user's Community list, their accounting frequency, the ability to enable codes for TOPS Pay, and whether the Community itself is enabled for TOPS Pay.
TOPS Pay is currently available for recurring charge codes, like Assessment and Special Assessment Charges.
If no codes are set for Direct Debit, click the Set Them Now link to be redirected to your Codes page.
Assessment and Special Assessments codes will need to have the Allow TOPS Pay toggle enabled for this feature.
2) Enable the Community by clicking the Enable toggle, then click Save
3) Verify your community is enabled by looking for the check mark above TOPS Pay Enabled.
Your communities Bank Account will also show that it is enable for TOPS Pay.
Enabling Owners for TOPS Pay
Note: Any owner enrolled in Autopay is REQUIRED to have an email address. Therefore even if a TOPS [ONE] user is enrolling an owner on their behalf, they must provide an email address.
1) Import them from a TOPS Legacy Product.
TOPS Success team may be able to help import existing registered ACH Homeowners from external systems, like TOPS Pro or TOPS iQ. Ask a support representative for more information.
2) Manually edit each owner on their behalf
a) Go to the Owner's page, click actions then Edit Primary Owner
b) Go to Payment Methods
c) To add a payment method, click +Add
d) Fill in the Payment Method information then click save.
All fields are required.
It will verify the banks routing number on this window, if incorrect, it will not let you save the information.
e) Verify the TOPS Pay toggle is enabled then, on the top right of the page, click Save
3) Have the owners sign up on their own.
If an owner has completed their Owner Access registration, they can sign up from their Owner Portal.
Attached are instructions on how owners can set up AutoPay.
This information can be added to your newsletter to send to your homeowners.
How do I know if an owner Opted-in?
The Owner & Property page will have green TOPS Pay or TOPS Pay Enabled flags.
The TOPS Pay flag will only show on the charge the homeowner has approved for TOPS Pay.