TOPS [ONE]- Apply ChargesFollow
TOPS [ONE] Version 18.104.22.168, Last Updated 07/17/2018
The AR apply charges feature is how you apply scheduled charges to owner's ledgers. You can even schedule the application of charges to automatically run every month!
This guide will cover what to check before applying charges, how to apply charges, and how to automate your scheduled charges.
Step By Step
1. Click AR ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
2. Select AR Charges
3. Click Actions
4. Select Apply Charges
5. Review the Community, Function, and Post Date.
6. In the SETTINGS section, select which charges will be applied.
7. For the SCHEDULING section, we will be choosing "This Time Only" for the purposes of this guide.
If you need to automate your charges, see our guide on automating charges.
After setting all the options:
8. Click Accrue (top left of page).
That will take you to the APPLY CHARGES REVIEW ACCRUED page.
9. Verify the information on the page.
If an owner is registered for TOPS Pay, you will see a notification at the top of the page.
10. Under Details you will see the Owner/Property information, the Charge code and the amount, and if an owner is registered for TOPS Pay.
To edit a charge amount for an owner, click the icon.
To remove an owner from this charge, click the icon.
11. If everything is correct, click Post.
If there are any owners enrolled in TOPS Pay in this batch, you will see the message below.
When you charging a code to an owner who has it enabled for TOPS Pay, they'll get a series of email like the one below the day the charge is posted, 1 days before the payment is withdrawn, and the day the payment is withdrawn from the primary account the owner has selected.
Owners who are not enrolled will get the charges posted as they normally would.
12. Click OK to post the charges.