Invoices & Statements: Generate, Print, and View
TOPS [ONE] Version 220.127.116.11
Statements are used to show an owners property ledger between a set date range. These statements show the charges applied and payments recorded in the system. Some comments can also be left on the statements to notify owners of items like New Collection statuses, and comments left on transactions (example: if a payment was adjusted, you can leave a comment explaining why).
To generate statements (or coupons) using our partners, check out the article below.
In This Article
Before You Start...
Verify your Statement Template Settings.
The first 3 options will Print the Statements.
The last option will respect the owners' communication Preference
Step By Step
1. Click Accounts Receivable then Invoices & Statements
2. Click Actions then Billing Statements
3. Edit your Statement Settings.
1. Post Date Defaults to the current date.
2. Statement Template List of available statement templates. The first template in the list is the default template.
3. Due Date The due date is the date that the owner must pay by.
4. Start/End Date Date Range for the owner activity statements. Defaults to the current period's month.
5. Message (optional) This field will be pulled onto the statement template. This option requires the <StatementMessage> merge code to already be on the template before generating the statements.
6. Include Autopay Enrollment message If enabled, this will let homeowners enrolled in AutoPay will see the following message on their statements "Your account is enabled for Direct Debit. This statement may include items that are not eligible for Autopay or other forms of direct debit."
The <StatementMessage> merge code will need to be in the statement template in order to view this message on the statement.
4. Select the Property Owner Options
1. Include Direct Debit Owners Will include owners who are enrolled in Direct Debit (This includes owners who are enrolled in Autopay using TOPS Pay).
2. Include Prepaid Accounts If enabled, a statement will generate for an owner even if they have a prepaid balance.5. If disabled, it will not generate a statement for that owner.
3. Filter By Balance Filter statements based on an amount entered
5. Select the Statement Info Options
Include Selected Charges Click the Charges button to select the codes you want to include in this batch. By default, all of the codes are selected.
Include Future Charges Include future charges will pull an additional charge of your choosing on the billing statement.
6. Select owners for the batch.
Filter Owners List
2. Select the Search Option
3. Enter the range or owners to search
4. Click Apply
Click the Drop-down menu to select a Sort option for the owners list below.
7. Click from the following
Generate & Review This option will generate the statements without emailing them to homeowners. Allowing to review before sending them out.
Generate & Send This option email statements as soon as the batch finishes generating.
Depending on the size of the statement batch, the batch may take some time to finish generating the letters. While the documents generate, feel free to leave the page.
Once the documents are finished, a notification in the bell will appear. Click the bell, then the alert to return to the now completed batch.
8. Click Ok, I got it. to dismiss the message
1. Click AR then Invoices & Statements
2. Click the Transaction ID that you want to print
3. Click the PDF icon for the statement you want to view
1. Shows the letters in the print batch in PDF form.
Statements for owners who had email as their preference will not be included in this batch.
2. Shows the individual Statement for that homeowner.
Click the printer icon on the PDF page
If you don't see the icon, move your mouse around the page and it will appear on the top of the document.