AR Setup - Importing Owner Balances
This guide will give you step by step instructions on how to import your owner beginning balances.
Before you begin...
In order to import balances, you will need to have the Owner ID.
You will only be able to Import Balances if that owner was imported during the initial set up.
To find your imported Owner ID's, go to Accounts Receivable > Charges > actions > Import Owner Charges > Download a Sample.
The file that downloads will contain the import Owner ID's.
If you did not import your owners, you will need to manually add the Owner Balances.
Step By Step
1. Click Portfolio then Communities. Select the community.
2. Click Actions then Import Owner Beginning Balances
3. Click Download a Sample to download the template format needed to upload your balances.
What info am I filling out?
What does the .CSV file look like?
How do I add the information?
Column A- Owner ID's The owner ID's are the unique ID for the homeowner
Column B- Charge Code Enter the Code Alias for that charge amount
If you are entering a Prepaid balance, enter PP.
Use the Charge Code Alias. Use the same capitalization
Column C- Amount Enter the balance for that code
If you're entering a Prepaid Balance, make sure to add a " - " In front of the value
Example: If the owner has a $150 balance in their Prepaid, you will enter -150.
4. Enter the Post Date
5. Click Select Files and Select the Owner Balances.
Once the import file finishes importing, a notification will appear in the Notification Bell.
- If imported without errors, the Beginning Balance transaction will be available in the community activity feed.
- If imported with errors, click the notification stating the file imported with errors. When clicked, the error file will download.
- The cause of error will be displayed in column A.
- Mistakes can be corrected on the error excel file, then reuploaded.
- Make sure the Charge Code capitalization is the same as entered in the system