Smart Banking- Before you Start...
Before you Start
There are a couple important steps to take in TOPS [ONE] to ensure the process works as seamlessly as possible
1. Identify the accountant. This person will be notified via email of any exceptions/alerts from Smart Banking for Lockbox, Bank reconciliation, and validation file upload processing. You set this up by editing each community and selecting the person that would need to be notified. See below
2. Make sure the Bank Name and Bank ID (Alias) are set correctly.
In order for the system to recognize these banks are used for Smart Banking, they MUST have the following Bank ID's (Alias).
|Bank ID's (Alias)|
|Alliance Association Bank||AAB|
|Mutual of Omaha||MOO|
|Pacific Premier Bank||PPBI|
3. Set up the bank account for Bank Transaction Download - Ensure that you have entered the bank account numbers in the Bank Account setup screen (Sample Below). We match the account numbers here to the account numbers received from the bank transactions.
4. Set up bank account for Lockbox – The lockbox ID field is used to match incoming lockbox transaction to communities and owners for the proper community bank account. This is also used to identify which community bank accounts are included in a validation file (if your bank uses one).
The Lockbox ID will be provided by your bank.
5. Ensure that your bank account representative has been notified of your interest to use the SmartBanking service.