Smart Banking- For Your Information (FYI): Lockbox Files
How do I see a lockbox file posted by the bank?
You can find posted lockbox files in your bank, and community activity feed.
1. Click Portfolio then Banks
2. Choose your bank and click on the bank name it will take you to the bank page. On the right under activity, you may see one or more Cash Receipts – Lockbox batches posted. (One batch for each community.)
3. Here you can click on the batch link to look at the actual transactions. In this case (AR-5979) and it will open the batch for you to review.
4. You can then click your back-arrow button on your browser to take you back to the bank page to view the next batch.
You can also go into each community and view the batches individually.
I just received a task notifying me of an error with a lockbox file. What do I do?
A user must be marked as Accountant in order to receive the task.
The Smart Banking Lockbox process will attempt to process all transactions in a file. If there are any transactions that cannot be matched they will be put in a separate file for correction. The good transactions will be processed.
1. Click on Alerts
2. Locate alert for Failed lockbox records message.
3. Click on the alert it will take you to that bank.
4. Scroll down to the Attachment Gallery. You should see a file with Reject Lockbox in the name.
5. Click on the View all button on the upper right. Then click on the icon for your file.
6. This will open up in another tab the actual transactions from the bank.
7. Open a text editor like NotePad. Highlight all of the records listed in the browser then with your mouse hold down the right mouse button and choose copy or CTRL-c.
8. Place your mouse in the body of your text editor and hold down the right mouse button and choose Paste
9. You will need to correct the error and save the file to a location on your computer.
10. You will then go to Accounts Receivable à Cash Receipts. Click on Actions, import Lockbox file.
11. Set your date, File Format and select your corrected file to import.
You will want to repeat this for each bank that has this type of file.