How to Waive a Charge
TOPS [ONE] Version 18.104.22.168
Waive charges can be used if owners were charged accidentally, or if a charge needs to be removed for an individual owner.
You can use the waive fee function if an owner was charged a late fee, and your Board or manager approved a fee waiver.
This article will go over how to waive a charge on an owner, renter or previous owner account.
Step By Step
1. Click Portfolio then Communities. Select the community you want to work in.
2. Click Accounts Receivable then Adjustments
3. Under actions, select Adjustments
4. Enter the owner or previous owner
5. Leave the adjustment type as waive charge.
6. Enter in a post date
This is the date that this transaction will hit the owners ledger, and AR reports.
7. Enter the amount to waive.
Because this transaction is a waive, there is no need to enter a – to indicate a negative number. The system knows to deduct this amount.
8. Once finished, click Accrue
9. Click Actions then Post Transaction