Reoccurring AP Bill or Invoice
TOPS [ONE] Version 22.214.171.124
Processing accounts payable involves handling the invoices submitted by vendors or other providers for services to the community. Such bills are then paid by check or marked as paid using the hand-written check option in TOPS ONE.
For repetitive bills, such as Monthly Management Fees, Maintenance Contract bills or annual reserve contributions, bills can be scheduled to post on a specific future day or multiple days throughout the year. Once scheduled, bills are saved in the system where you can easily select, edit if needed, and post when due.
This guide will go over how to create a scheduled Bill.
Step By Step
1. Click Accounts Payable then select Enter Bills
2. This will open the Enter Bills page:
3. Enter the Vendors name
Or Add a new vendor. Click the Folder icon then Add , fill out the appropriate information, and Click Add Vendor
4. Leave the Type as Bill
5. Enter the bill as normal, but selectin the Scheduling option “Schedule – Accrue and Notify Me”.
6. Set Scheduling Options: When Schedule – Accrue and Notify Me is selected, a secondary screen appears to allow scheduling date/times:
Frequency: Select from the available posting frequencies
Start Date Select First Date the Bill should post
Start Time Select the posting time
Select Permitted Days If the scheduled date falls on a non-permitted day, it will be scheduled for the next permitted day.
End Date Select last permitted posting date
End Time Select last permitted posting time
6. When scheduling is complete, select Schedule.
Note: Scheduled Bills are saved as Automation Jobs and can be viewed from the Automation option in the Menu