Cash Receipts - Miscellaneous Cash Receipts (Non-Owner Payments)
TOPS [ONE] Version 184.108.40.206
A Miscellaneous cash receipt is used to track when you have received any additional funds, other than homeowner dues payments, that have accepted by your community. Examples of when you would enter a payment as a miscellaneous cash receipt:
- Key FOB
- Pool Passes
- Insurance Claims
- Vending Machine Income
- Facilities Rental
- Money Transfers
- Vendor refunds/credits
- Payments from Owners that should not be recorded on their Payment History
To keep a clear audit log, it is helpful to write the company or source description for the Miscellaneous Cash Receipts
on the deposit ticket for future reference as well as enter this description when recording the transaction.
This guide will give you step-by-step instructions on how to add a Miscellaneous Cash receipt
Step By Step
1. Click Accounts Receivable and select Cash Receipts.
2. Click Cash Receipts- Miscellaneous
3. Under Details, fill in the information regarding this payment.
Bank Account Defaults the community default bank account. This account is the account that will be affected once the transaction is posted.
Batch of Checks
Check Number Enter in the check number of the payment received, if any.
Reference Enter a Description that explains what this Misc. Cash Receipts
Amount Enter the Total Amount of the Misc. Cash Receipts regardless of how the
payment is to be distributed.
Effective Date This will be the date that the transaction will hit the GL accounts.
4. Enter Account information under Distribution
Account Enter or click the icon to select the GL Account to credit this Misc. Cash Receipt against
Reference Enter a Description that explains what this Misc. Cash Receipts is for.
Amount The Amount of the Misc. Cash Receipt that is to be credited against this
5. (Optional) To add another distribution account, click on the button.
If multiple accounts are entered, the accounts under distribution should equal the Total Amount entered under details.
To remove a Distribution Line, click the icon.
7. To finish, click Post or Post & Add New +
Add Comment to Transaction
1. Click Actions then Add Comment
2. Enter the Comment Subject.
3. Enter the Comment Post Date
4. Enter the full Comment Message.
5. Enable the Public Comment toggle to have this comment appear on the Owner Portal.
6. Click Save.