TOPS [ONE] Version 22.214.171.124
When a homeowner submits a payment, that payment is entered into the system as a Cash Receipt. If a homeowners payment was entered incorrectly, or if the payment has bounced to due insufficient funds, a backout payment will need to be performed. During the backout process, a NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds Fee) can also be applied.
This article will go over how to backout of a posted cash receipt on a homeowners ledger.
Step By Step
1. Click Portfolio then Communities. Select the community to work in.
2. Click Accounts Receivable then Cash Receipts
3. Select Payment Adjustments
4. Enter the Property/Owner
Search using the Address, Name, account or lot number.
Once the Property/Owner has been selected, their posted cash receipts will appear under Payments
5. Select the payment to adjust. Selected payment will have a
Once selected, the Backout Payment toggle will be enabled for that payment.
6. (Optional) To charge an NSF Fee, enable the NSF Fee toggle.
Enter the amount to charge.
7. The Post Date will default to the selected payment date. Update if necessary.
If a NSF Fee is applied, it will also be posted to this date.
8. Complete the transaction
Post and complete this transaction. Will return you to the AR Cash Receipts page.
Posts and completes this transaction. Returns you to the Payment Adjustment Screen in step 4.