Editing an Owner Payment Check Number
TOPS [ONE] Version 220.127.116.11
When a homeowner submits a payment, that payment is entered into the system as a Cash Receipt. If an owners Check number was entered incorrectly, simply make an adjustment to the posted cash receipt.
This article will go over the necessary steps to complete this process.
Step By Step
1. Click Portfolio then Communities. Select the community to work in.
2. Click Accounts Receivable then Cash Receipts
3. Select Payment Adjustments
4. Enter the Property/Owner
Search using the Address, Name, account or lot number.
Once the Property/Owner has been selected, their posted cash receipts will appear under Payments
5. Select the payment to adjust. Selected payment will have a
6. Click to edit the selected payment.
The Edit Payment screen will display the original Check Number for the payment.
7. Edit the value in Check Number
8. The Post Date will default to the post date for the cash receipt being edited. Change if necessary.
9. Verify the edits on the page, and click Post to complete the transaction.
Add Comment to Transaction
1. Click Actions then Add Comment
2. Enter the Comment Subject.
3. Enter the Comment Post Date
4. Enter the full Comment Message.
5. Enable the Public Comment toggle to have this comment appear on the Owner Portal.
6. Click Save.