How to Add/Edit Owner Security Deposits
TOPS [ONE] Version 18.104.22.168
This guide will give you step by step instructions on adding/editing an owner's Security Deposit Balance.
Step By Step
1. Click Accounts Receivable then Adjustments
2. On the top right corner, click Actions then Adjustments
This will open the Adjustments page
3. Search for an Owner
Can be searched for by their name, property number, account number, etc
The owner's status will show below the address. If the status says property, they are the primary owner.
4. Under Adjustment Type, click the drop-down menu and select Security Deposit
5. Edit the Post date,
The Post date is the date the transaction will post to the GL
Click the calendar icon to change the date, or manually type the date in.
6. In the box under Adjustment, enter an amount.
If the owner already has a balance, you can lower it by adding a negative ( - ) sign in front of the number.
7. Select your Credit/Debit Account
If you're unsure which accounts to pick, reach out to your CPA.
8. When finished, Click Accrue on the top right corner
This will take you to the Security Deposit Review page.
9. If you want to edit the information on the page, click Actions then Edit Transaction
To edit the amount, Click the Edit Icon
Click Actions then Save once the information is correct.
10. Once all the information is correct, click Actions then Post Transaction
You will be able to find the posted transaction in your Activity Feed