How to Add/Edit Owner Security Deposits
TOPS [ONE] Version 188.8.131.52
Once the Security Deposit code has been enabled,
Step By Step
1. Click Portfolio then Community. Select the community to work in.
2. Click Accounts Receivable then Adjustments
3. Click the Security Deposit tile.
This will open the Adjustments page
3. Search for an Owner
Can be searched for by their name, property number, account number, etc
The owner's status will show below the address. If the status says property, they are the primary owner.
If an owner has a balance for this code, it will display under Current Balance.
4. Edit the Post Date if necessary
Click the calendar icon to change the date, or manually type the date in.
5. Enter the Adjustment amount.
a. To increase the balance, enter a positive amount.
b. To decrease the amount on an existing balance, add a negative ( - ) sign in front of the number. (A credit balance in security deposits are not permitted)
6. Enter/Search the Credit & Debit Account
If you're unsure which accounts to pick, reach out to your CPA.
7. When finished, Click Accrue on the top right corner
This will take you to the Security Deposit Review page.
To edit the Owner or the Adjustment amount, click
9. Once all the information is correct, click Actions then Post Transaction
You will be able to find the posted transaction in your Activity Feed