TOPS [ONE] Version 220.127.116.11
When a home is being sold to a new homeowner, a resale should be performed.
This function moves the current property owner to a previous owner, prompting you to enter the name of the new owner or select the new owner name from a list of existing owners. TOPS [ONE] will keep track of both the new owner and the previous owner. The entire owner payment history can stay with the new owner, stay with the previous owner, or can be split between owners during the resale process.
This article will give you step by step instructions on how to perform an owner resale.
A resale cannot be deleted or undone. Double-check the owners and properties before performing this action!
Step By Step
1. In the navigation pane, click Portfolio then Properties. Select the property to perform the resale on.
2. Double verify the property address before performing the resale.
3. Click Actions then Resale.
4. This will take you to the Resale page
5. Confirm the Property located on the left-hand side
6. Select the Resale Date
7. The Property can be resold to an existing contact or a new owner
The Search field is used to find existing contacts
The contact information will populate below the Resale To: section.
Fill in the information
Only First and Last name are required.
8. Click Next on the top right corner
9. Select an Account History Option then Click Next
New Owner Keeps Account History - All owner account history will stay with New Owner
Account History Stays with the Previous Owner
Split Account History as of Resale Date
Note: when splitting history the system will move all history dated up to and including the "resale date" to the Previous Owner. Any history dated after the Resale Date is moved to the new Property Owner. You will see the beginning balance for the new owner next to the selecting option
10. Close CCR
Any open ccr's will be closed. To add a comment, enable the toggle.
11. Add, or Delete the Recurring Charges assigned to the property if necessary.
- Add a New Charge Code - Select the code from the drop-down menu, then click Add Code.
- Delete an Existing Charge Code - Click the trashcan icon next to the charge currently assigned to the property.
12. Click Next
13. In the next window, verify the information on the Owner Resale Summary.
This is the last chance to undo the resale before the process is completed. Resales cannot be undone after Save is selected.
14. Click Save
You will be redirected to the property page with the new owner as the Primary Owner.
15. (Optional) Once the property page loads, you will have the option to send the new homeowner a message right after the resale is complete. This message is only temporary and will disappear once you leave the page.
However, a message to the homeowner can always be created through the Action Menu on this page.