Automatic Lockbox Processing- Smart Banking
What happens during an Automatic Lockbox process?
Once you have established a proper connection between Smart Banking and one of the approved banks, TOPS will automatically check every day for a new lockbox file from your bank.
If the system finds a new lockbox file, it will try to match the payment with the correct homeowner's ledger as a posted cash receipt.
How do I see a lockbox file posted by the bank?
You can find posted lockbox files in your bank, and community activity feed.
1. Click Portfolio then Banks. Select the bank using this feature.
2. On the right under activity, you may see one or more Cash Receipts – Lockbox batches posted. (One batch for each community.)
3. Here you can click on the batch link to look at the actual transactions.
4. You can then click your back-arrow button on your browser to take you back to the bank page to view the next batch.
You can also go into each community and view the batches individually.
I just received a task notifying me of an error with a lockbox file. What do I do?
The Smart Banking Lockbox process will attempt to process all transactions in a file. If there are any transactions that cannot be matched they will be put in a separate file for correction. Good transactions will be processed.
A user must be marked as an Accountant in order to receive the task.
1. Click on Alerts
2. Locate alert for Failed lockbox records message.
3. Click on the alert it will take you to that bank.
4. Scroll down to the Attachment Gallery. You should see a file with Reject Lockbox in the name.
5. Click on the View all button on the upper right. Then click on the icon for your file.
6. This will open up in another tab the actual transactions from the bank.
7. Open a text editor like NotePad. Highlight all of the records listed in the browser then with your mouse hold down the right mouse button and choose copy or CTRL-c.
8. Place your mouse in the body of your text editor and hold down the right mouse button and choose Paste
9. You will need to correct the error and save the file to a location on your computer.
10. You will then go to Accounts Receivable à Cash Receipts. Click on Actions, import Lockbox file.
11. Set your date, File Format and select your corrected file to import.
You will want to repeat this for each bank that has this type of file.