Custom Roles & Permissions
TOPS [ONE] Version 184.108.40.206
Roles can be used to identify users and limit access to what they can and cannot do. By default, all users are sent to the Administrator role, where they have full access to TOPS [ONE]. (The admin role cannot be edited)
This article will go over:
Step By Step
2. Go to Roles then click Manage
3. Enter a new role name, then click Add Role
Once successfully added, you'll see a green bar at the bottom
1. Click Manage
2. Click next to the role you want to edit.
To update the Role name, edit the text, then click to save the changes.
Roles can be deleted if there are no users assigned to it. If there are users, the users will need to be reassigned to another role before it can be deleted.
Click the icon to delete a role.
Reassign Users from a Delete Role
If attempting to delete a role with users, they must be reassigned before it can be deleted.
1. Select the Role to reassign
2. Select the new role to assign the user to.
3. Click Save
1. Select the Module Name to Make Edits to.
To the right of the section, you'll see a row of boxes, these are the permissions.
2. Set the permissions as needed.
If the box is highlighted Blue, that permission is Enabled.
If the box is White, that permission is Disabled
The All option will select/deselect all the permissions on a specific line
The icon will give you info on what permissions are needed for a specific action.
3. Once verified, click next to the role name to save .