Mass Print AP Checks (All Communities)
If you are managing a portfolio of communities, the Accounts Payable department is one of the first areas in which accounting can be automated. Bills are already arriving in the mail for a variety of communities, all mashed together.
Rather than needing to create piles of bills and check runs for each individual community, the AP Batch Processing function allows you to process bills and write checks for all of your communities, all at once, while still maintaining the individual standards specific to each community.
With TOPS [ONE] you don't have to worry about only being able to print a check once, you can view and print the check as many times as you need to.
Step By Step
1. Click on Accounts Payable and select Make Payments.
This will redirect you to the Open Items page.
2. To view all unpaid bills in every community, hover the cursor over the arrow next to the community name, and select All Communities
3. Click Select All
4. Once you have selected all invoices you want to print, click on Actions, and then Print Checks.
Note: If multiple checks are selected, you will see that number in parentheses. ( )
Selecting the green checkmark, will unselect invoices from the batch.
5. Ensure that the default Post Date, Check amount, Check Template and the Bank Account fields are correct
To remove an invoice in this batch, click the icon.
1. Post Date Default’s to the current date. The post date will be the date this transaction affects the GL.
2. Check Amount If you want to do a partial payment, manually change the amount under check amount. An open invoice for the remaining amount will still be open.
3. Bank Account The default bank account for your community will be displayed. To choose another account, click the drop-down menu and choose from the available options.
4. Template The template set as your default check template will be displayed. To choose a different template, click the drop-down menu and select from the available options.
5. Additional Communities If the batch includes invoices for multiple communities, it will be broken up.
6. Click Print
If successful, the following message will appear.
This will generate the check batch in TOPS [ONE]
Next, we're going to view the check and use our default PDF viewer to Print the check
While your batch processes, you can continue working and you will receive a Notification when your checks are ready to view & print.
Batch including Checks for All Communities
This PDF have a single pdf of all checks printed in the batch, in order of the community.
Print Checks by Per Community
This PDF includes the checks for a single community. The Print check transaction can also be found in the community activity feed.
1. Click the Print Check notification.
You will be redirected to the AP Transaction page.
2. Click View This Check
VIew the Latest Generated Check by Post Date
1. Click Accounts Payable then Activity
2. To view the last generated check, click Last Check Date
3. Click View This Check
View all Paid Invoices
1. Click Accounts Payable then Make Payments
2. Select Payments
3. Locate the Check, and select the Check Number
4. Click View This Check
1. Once you click View This Check, a PDF will Open.
Click the Printer Icon to Print