Accounting - Set the Current Accounting Period
Setting a period as Current will prevent transactions from accidentally being posted in the wrong period/month, and it will set a default date range when viewing reports.
The community current accounting period can easily be found on the community profile page.
Step By Step
1. Click Portfolio then Communities. Select the community to work in.
2. Under Related Links, click Accounting Setup
Open periods will have a green open box, and the current period will have a green flag.
Before a period can be set as current, it must be open. While multiple periods can be open, only one can be set to current.
3. In the Accounting Periods section, click Edit.
4. To open a closed period, click closed to switch the period to open.
While multiple periods can be open, only one can be set to current.
5. Click Set as Current
6. Click Ok
7. Click Save
8. Verify the accounting period ahas been updated by returning to the community profile page.